Every week my friend Shannon does Not Me Monday. She's hilarious-you should check it out at http://butterflies-and-daisies.blogspot.com/ It is basically a comedic summary of all the things So..what did I not do again the last seven days...lets see...I did not almost postpone starting school, last Monday, just so I could sleep in another ten minutes. I did not want to jump up and down with excitement when I got to return to my Ladies Bible study after being on break for two months. And I did not tell my friend Victoria, "This is my only break from my children~that's the main reason I'm always early!"
I did not lose my patience when in the five minutes it took me to brush my teeth, I found my 19 month old with a chair pushed up to the washer, pulling soaking wet clothes out and dropping them to the floor. And I did not raise my voice, when I saw that he looked like I had I given him a bath. With His Clothes On. No Not Me!
I did not remind myself "that your body is supposed to get bigger," 4,000 times as I pulled on maternity jeans for the first time only to find-They Actually Fit. I knew the day would come when I could only fit into maternity clothes-I just wasn't prepared when Today IS THAT Day.
I did not want to pitch a fit like a three year old, when my husband had to work all afternoon on Saturday while I tried as best I could, to keep the children quiet. My heart did not melt when my 3 year old brought me a dandelion and then stood there long enough for me to take his picture. Later that night, I did not ask God to "Bless this food to the nourishment of our bodies" before taking a big fat bite of my Burger King cheeseburger; then thanked Him for not having to cook dinner.
I did not almost cry when I made our new 2009 Budget and saw that despite cutting back On Everything, not even Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover could get us out of $140,000 worth of school loans, Any Time Soon. And I did not laugh when I saw the look in my daughters eyes when I told her "No more Cheetos's for A Long, Long time!"
I did not almost call De Fax on my husband when him and our boys got riled up in a game that involved hitting each other-As Hard As They Could-all while laughing hysterically the whole time. And I did not scowl as he told me, "Marion, that's how boys play!"
And lastly, on Sunday night while enjoying a great dinner with Wesley's parents at Jason's Deli, Foster had to go potty. Wesley kindly took him. Then He Had To Go Again. My Turn. I did not use my Supersonic vision to see all the germs crawling around on his hands as he held on to the public toilet for dear life, in a effort not to fall in. After standing there for twenty minutes, I did not think of my yummy Chicken Alfredo getting ice cold, as I stood there talking about light fixtures with a three year old. I did not proceed to scrub his little hands until they were almost red to make sure all the germs were gone and I did not want to crawl in a hole and die of embarrassment as he shouted Across The Whole Restaurant, "DADDY, I WENT POOP!" for all to hear.
And I did not just spend the only time I had to take a nap today, writing this post...
Ahh...I truly love my life and all the blessings children bring! I know a day will come when they are all grown up and I'll miss these days and all the adventures they bring! This was a great reminder to laugh in the midst of my daily struggles. It's all about perspective right?!?

5 comments:
Great not me monday. was wondering if you would like to take part in the blog I did called tribute tuesday feel free to come check it out on my blog
I can relate to your waiting on your toddler to finish potting and chatting about everything possible light fixtures. Bethany STILL does that and she's seven. Since she's passed the potty training phase, she doesn't announce her potty success to the world, but she does sometimes make comments to me about it. She one time told me, "Mommy, look. My poop is swirly like ice cream." I try to shush her so others in the restroom won't hear. Oh, the joys of children!
That should be "pottying" in the first sentence.
Sheesh! I really should proofread before I publish a comment. I meant to say "including light fixtures."
oh my gosh, Marion, that picture of Randol is priceless! You have one pretty little girl! Love you lots! -Nancy
Post a Comment