I have been longing to start a blog, but kept talking myself out of it. Who would read it? What's the purpose? There's no time etc. I finally realized that my need to write had nothing to do with others reading or responding, it was for me. If others do read or respond, that's just an added bonus! I feel at times like Dumbledore in Harry Potter and I wish I could borrow some of his pensive to get rid of so many thoughts in my head!
Yesterday a dear friend lost his 25 year old son. It's hard not to wonder how such tragedy can come to such wonderful people. People often ask where is God in a situation like that. It is easy for me to say sitting here that He's right there, holding them in His hand. When my Gramma died, my husband Wesley had to tell our 6 year old daughter. What he said will always stay with me. He told her God had been working so hard to build Gramma her house in heaven. Today, He finished it and called her home. I think that is the most beautiful explanation to hold onto. You can also relate it to right now. Right now, I know He is working to build my own house and only He knows when it will be finished.
As I held my precious 6 week old son in my arms this morning I couldn't help but think of my friend, knowing he used to do the same with his son 25 years ago. Being a parent is the greatest privilege and the greatest heartache. I have no idea what lies ahead for my little one. All I can do is treasure today and make it count. Let go of the stress of laundry and cleaning and bills...none of that matters to eternity. It will all still be there tomorrow. But today...today is a gift worth unwrapping.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Fathers house there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may also be where I am."
John 14:1-3
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment