Recently I have been going to different people blogs and reading about their lives. There is something about connecting with other people that is satisfying. So many people post these neat stories and pictures of all these exciting adventures. It made me think I had to do the same. Then I realized that I'd probably only write once or twice a year when we go on vacations!
My adventures consist under my own roof. My adventure today aside from the normal stuff consisted of wiping my poor son's runny nose, painting toe nails with my 8 year old and watching Cinderella. Not very exciting huh?
I also got to cuddle and sing to my little man Foster as he cried on my shoulder and would quiet down just enough to hear me sing. Soon he forgot about crying and just listened.
I got to snuggle with my daughter who is growing into a young lady so fast I can't stand it. I know my days of snuggling on the couch and watching movies with her are limited.
Then there was the first cooing from, as my husband calls him "our teeny tiny man". He laid on a pillow and watched me making funny faces at him and then rewarded me with his sweet voice for the first time (aside from crying!).
To end my day, my children were nice enough to go to bed in time for me and my honey to snuggle on the couch and watch a movie and eat a bowl of ice cream.
This is my life, this is the stage I am in. I can't go travel to exotic places or jump in the car at a moments notice to go somewhere on a whim. But I can hold on to the adventures I have under my own little roof. One day, my kids will be grown and it will be just my husband and I...then I'll go to exotic places, but for now, I'm content with where I am.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Marion,
I am absolutely thrilled you have created this blog.I have been so bad about checking my email lately but was so delighted to find out that you have put all of this effort into writing.I will be checking it as regularly as I can. You are such an inspiration and find good in every situation. Thank you for taking the time to share your heart. I always love to hear what's on your mind and I enjoy reading the verses you select. You are such a role model to me. lots of love, emily
I enjoyed your post. It has been a pleasure to watch you grow up, too! Wesley, you, and your little brood will enjoy a great adventure in the days ahead.
Tell Zeke I say hi, and that I once knew a girl who looked just like her named Randol.
Post a Comment