Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Tribute to My Man Part 2


Last year on Welsey's birthday, I posted a few fun facts about him. It was so popular, that to commemorate his birthday today, I thought I'd do it again. I tried not to repeat any from last year. If you missed it, you can check it out at http://oneofhisown.blogspot.com/2007/12/tribute-to-my-man.html .

Hope you enjoy and learn something new about my Wesley!


1. He used to have a contest with his college buddies over who could eat a sack full of Krystal's the fastest.

2. He once ate a whole hot dog in one bite.

3. He also ate a whole taco in one bite (what is it with college guys and food competitions :-)

4. If we are ever at your house and you see him sitting in the kitchen, it's not because he's not being sociable, it's because there's probably a ceiling fan on in the living room and they tend to give him migraines.

5. His favorite television series is Lost.

6. He always knew he wanted a lots of children and God willing, lots of grandchildren.

7. He is not squirmish around babies and in fact, loves playing with their toes or "tootsies" as he calls them.

8. He is currently the 2nd to youngest attorney in the DA's Office.

9. He is currently the 2nd to youngest deacon in our church.

10. His favorite donut is a Duncan Donut Blueberry donut hole.

11. The only bone he has ever broken is his collar bone. It was at the end of his kindergarten year and he decided to be a dare devil and jump off the top of the slide. He paid the consequences all summer long when he couldn't go swimming.
12. The one thing he absolutely hates to drink is water!

13. He does not like any type of oriental food.

14. He loves Godfather's pizza so much, that we drove an hour last summer when we were on vacation, to eat at the closest restaurant! The smile on his face and memories we made, made it all worth it!

15. He loves to play old arcade games.

16. The only things he can cook are Ramen noodles, hot dogs and PB & J.

17. If he ever went on a date and really didn't like the girl too much, his famous last words would be, "I'll call you sometime!" Thankfully I never heard those words personally!

18. He may not be "outdoorsy" in the sense of wanting to go hunting or fishing, but every year when the leaves start to change and the air gets a little cooler, he starts saying, "Lets go to the woods!" He loves the peacefulness of it.

19. He hiked all 23 miles of the Pine Mountain Trail two weeks ago!

20. He is a firm believer that every one of our children should have some silly nick name. And I don't get to help choose.

21. He loves surprises and never wants to find out what we are having when I'm pregnant. Sometimes I'll give in and wait.

22. He is a homebody. He'd love nothing more than to stay at home on the weekends and sit around watching football or playing with the kids. I'm the opposite, always ready to go somewhere and can only sit for a little while!

23. He correctly guessed that we were going to have a boy with our last two pregnancy's. He says this one's a boy too, will he keep his streak going or finally be wrong?

24. He always tells Randol that she's not allowed to get married until she's 65 years old!

25. He cannot stand cold weather.

26. As a joke, he has different levels in how people cook, he says the top level (which signifies that you are a really good cook, or you made a really good meal) is the "Grandmother status". He'll eat just about anything and always tells me thank you for cooking, but I always know I cooked a really good meal when he says, "Wow Marion, you hit Grandmother status!"

27. Every year he goes Christmas shopping for me in less than three hours and buys every single one of my presents. He is a man on a mission!

28. Randol calls him the Principal when it comes to school stuff. He is in charge of her book reports and some of her history.

29. He is not a yard person. He gets so excited when the grass starts to turn brown and fall sets in because then he won't have to cut the grass.

30. He's not a big chocolate lover, but his favorite chocolate candy is Crunch bars, Hershey's with Almonds and Kit Kat.

31. I asked our 9 year old if she had any fun facts she'd want to share about her Daddy. She said, "He's the best dad in the world! He tickles us and chases us and he's really sweet to my mom. Oh, and he's also really funny!"

I don't think I could've said it any better!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I am with him on the celing fan... they dry out my contacts but what can you say if you're southern and a guest in someone's home? Never thought about sitting in the kitchen...

Charles is with him on the yard! The first thing we hired out...

Terri said...

Awwww! Sounds like you have a great husband!