Friday, June 29, 2007

Don't Blink!






Today we went to a friends house for a play date. She has boy/girl twins that are 2 months older than Foster. As we sat there watching our children splash each other and take turns squealing, it made me think of how fast time goes. Today I am taking pictures of them in diapers while tomorrow I'll be taking pictures of them graduating high school.

I always joke and say "You blink and they are grown". So many people come up to me when I have the baby and tell me how it seems like yesterday that their son was that small, to enjoy and savor every moment. It's so hard to remember that in the midst of the day of changing dirty diapers and listening to crying babies. Even now as I write this, Will is fussing off and on, Randol and Foster are throwing a ball up and down the hallway making all kinds of loud noises and Wesley is trying to concentrate on the Braves game. And I have to tell myself, "You blink and they are grown," to remind myself that sometimes making memories is more important than how quiet they are or what time they got into bed. When it's all said and done memories are what you are left with. Before I know it, I'll find myself standing in the grocery store line telling the young mother in front of me that my son used to be that little.

"For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."
~Psalms 101:5

P.S. It took me two hours to write this post because of my busy house!

1 comment:

Olive Wild said...

Definitely! I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post. I'm a Sistah Saint from the southeast =) and found you through blogger. My oldest is 14! Wow! When did that happen?! I started blogging about a month ago, also. I will be visiting your blog from time to time and look forward to hearing God through you.