Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kicking off Randol's Birthday Weekend

I know this is random, but I wanted to share two funny motherhood stories with you...
Yesterday, I went to Publix to finish buying a few odds and ends for when our family comes over tonight to celebrate Randols birthday. My mom graciously took Foster to Speech, so it was just Randol, Will and I. When we were checking out, I realized I had forgotten my Publix green bags. The cashier was a really nice young man who looked at me and said in a compassionate voice, "It's OK, you already really have your hands full!" looking at Will in the cart. I had on a huge raincoat and my prego belly was hidden behind the jacket and the register. I looked at him and smiled, thinking, "If you only knew!" As I walked past him, I couldn't help but look back to see the look of suprise on his face as he now saw the outline of my really big belly!

Last night, we let Randol choose any restaurant she wanted to go to for her birthday. As you can see, she chose Steak and Shake. You should have seen the looks we got walking in there with four children (Randol's best friend Joanna was with us) and my huge, "due any day" pregnant belly! A few folks even stopped us to ask, "Are all those kids yours?" I'm sure it is the start of many...many looks of craziness directed our way!


No comments: