Monday, June 1, 2009

I ♥ Birthdays and Pets

The theme this week at I ♥ Faces is Birthday's and Pets (which basically means any picture of an animal). I had a hard time deciding which birthday photo I wanted to use. I finally decided to use a more recent shot from Will's second birthday that we celebrated just a few weeks ago.
He was excited about his big day, but not nearly as excited as his older brother! Will sat and stared at his cake, not blowing out his candles. I think he was more fascinated by the light from the candle and maybe a little confused at the singing and the attention. As the picture shows, his big #2 candle started melting so much it has a huge dent in it and I had to call on the help of his older siblings to blow it out! I love how their faces are all puffed up with air and you can see the smoke blowing across the cake. My only wish is that you could see Will's face, but I'll know better for his next birthday! Anyway...Here's my Birthday entry:

A Little Help From My Siblings


My Pets entry is a photo of our adopted pet-Welsey's parents dog, Buddie. Will no longer says "Nonna and Papa's House" it is now called "Buddie's House". Buddie is a special part of our family. We love that our children have two sets of grandparents with dogs so they can pretend its theirs when we visit! Randol just loves to hold her "pets" on their leash and guide them!

A Walk With Buddie

As always, it would make my day to hear your comments! Make sure you head on over to http://www.iheartfaces.com/ to check out all the other fun entries!

17 comments:

CLR said...

I love the birthday picture. It really tells a story.

Kameron said...

I love how he is just watching them wondering what tehy are doing!

Unknown said...

Great shots!

the monkeys' mama said...

oh i love both of these! But the pet entry is great--love the angle!

Anonymous said...

Love the birthday shot! My kids love to do that!

Carmom said...

I don't think we've had any cake blowing with just the birthday child. It seems like everyone needs to "help". Great picture!

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment! I love your birthday picture. Definitely a classic. :-)

Betty Jo said...

Two super shots. Love the BD one especially. ♥

Lauren W said...

What great photos! I LOVE the perspective on the pets one :)

Foursons said...

I love the siblings helping out! So cute! And the perspective on the pet photo is wonderful. Great job!

lislynn said...

HOoray for older siblings! They make a great team ;)

Unknown said...

Aww those are both precious!

Unknown said...

Both photos are great! Such a sweet looking dog, too!

Julie said...

Nice shots! I especially like the birthday helpers!! =)

Rebecca said...

These are both great shots! I love your perspective in both pictures. Great!

jennifer said...

we always relight the candles so everyone can have their turn at blowing them out. even with so many tries, never do i get such a sweet shot as this. clean, fresh and colorful. the fact that mr. birthday boy is somewhat obscured by the candle - intended, wanted, or not - lends to the story. what a great entry!

AngelaCate said...

Very bright and clear picture. Great job