A few people have asked me or my husband why I haven't written on my blog in a while. I can remember asking the same question to an old friend when it had been a while since he'd last written. He looked at me and said, "In order to write, you must be inspired, frankly the inspiration has gone out of me." That is truly how I have felt lately.
There are so many things we must do everyday, that it is so hard to find time for all the things we want to do. There are times throughout my day where I start to question my life. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my life, I love being a stay at home mother and I have a wonderful family. But...there are times in the midst of changing the umpteenth diaper and breaking up the 10th argument between siblings and holding a baby so long that I start to feel claustrophobic, that I start to long for a break. I start to daydream about being on some exotic vacation with just me and my hubbie, it doesn't take long for me to snap back to reality, as I hear the baby start to cry again. Anyway...where was going with this?
Oh yeah, this morning...Lucky for me, I did my devotion today. I have quit calling it my "quiet time" because there's not much of it that is "quiet"! For instance, this morning I was trying to finish reading when I was stopped to get more juice, change a diaper, get more cereal and change the TV channel to my two year olds favorite show. Despite all my distractions, the Lord blessed my effort and was still able to reach out to my weary heart.
This morning I read Luke 5:1-11. It is about Simon Peter and his crew who fished all night long with not much to show for it. Jesus tells him to go back out to sea and throw his nets over again. Instead of asking Jesus (who was a carpenter), what he knew about fishing and arguing that he had already spent hours doing that to no avail, he complied and did as Jesus said. As most of you know, Simon Peter caught so many fish, that they filled up two boats and the weight was so great that they started to sink from so many fish! Simon was reminded just how infinite Jesus knowledge is and he saw himself for what he was-a sinner.
I was reminded that so many times during my parenting days, instead of giving things over to the Lord, I hold on to them and try and fix everything. Jesus knows better than I do, how to be a parent. He knows how to be an accountant, a banker, a teacher, a homemaker, a lawyer or anything else we could do. Beth Moore said, "For crying out loud, the One who knows the numbers of hairs on your head could also style them if He wanted! Not one of us does anything for a living that He can't do better." How true those words are. This past Sunday, the sermon was about Paul's prayer for the Ephesians. He prayed that they would "grasp how wide and long and high and deep" the love of Christ is. His love "surpasses knowledge".- We cannot even begin to comprehend how much He loves us.
Sunday night, I was able to meet with the ladies in my Sunday school department for some great food, a fun game and most importantly, a devotion and prayer time. I must admit to being a little nervous to share what the Lord had placed on my heart. Guess what it was? It was all about God's love for us. In Psalms 139, it is very detailed how He knows us inside and out. I had no idea the week before, while I was planning our bible study that the sermon for the same day would be about God's love. It makes me laugh out loud when God does that. He knew before I did and He had a plan that I didn't know about.
There is nothing that is thrown my way that He can't help me with. Instead of going alone, I need to call on Him to be my partner. Today I am reminded that He knows right where I am. He knows my heart and He loves me. Nothing else really matters does it? How simple life would be if all we did was focus on that.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment