Last week our two year old had to get tubes put in his ears. When we left to go to the hospital, it was still dark outside. You could feel the crisp morning air and almost "hear" the silence of the earth. I love the way it feels outside first thing in the morning. Everything feels so fresh, so new. The birds are still sleeping in their nests, the sun has not yet risen to light the day. It feels like even the trees and blades of grass are sleeping. It's a new beginning. It is another chance that God has given us, to walk in His light and in His love.
As we drove to St. Francis hospital, we couldn't help but notice the one creation (besides ourselves!) that wasn't sleeping.-the moon. It was huge- I'm talking "E.T. go home" huge! On our way to my mothers to drop off the other children, the moon was really big and on the right side of our car. Later, as we drove past the airport, it was much smaller and right in front of us. After a few minutes and few turns later, is was a little bigger, but on our left side. I commented
to Wesley how it is neat to watch the way it "moves"; only it wasn't moving-we were. The moon was stationary the whole time, but depending on where we were, determined if it was closer or farther away, on our left side or our right side. It reminded me of a movie, (though I cannot remember the name) where they talk about their "One True North". I started to think about my own "One true north", the thing that is always there, no matter what happens. It is the foundation that will not be shaken, the part of your life compass that is always there to guide you back to where you need to be.
For me, God is like the moon on that crisp morning. I may decide to go one way or another, but He is still there watching and waiting for me to return to Him-my one true north. At times we may not feel His presence in our lives, but in the words of Job,
"But if I go to the east he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him. But He knows the road that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." (Job 23:8-10).
Even though Job was searching to find Him and couldn't actually "feel" Him-he had faith that God still knew right where he was. I pray I can be like Job and be found faithful and "come forth as gold" like we know he did. This morning after re-reading my post yesterday, I almost deleted it. I sounded so whinny and complaining. My struggles in this life are so small compared to so many others. God has blessed me with so much, yesterday I just had a harder time seeing it. I apologize for complaining. That was never my intent. There will be days where we feel we've lost our way or where we can't see the Light. But never lose hope or get discouraged-He knows right where you are!
Today is a new day, a new beginning and another chance to live the way He wants me to live. I am so unworthy of so many chances, yet He continues to give them. Today, I have found my One True North who was there all along, watching and waiting for me to realize He was there!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have many devotion books lying around my house for me to pick up depending on what room I might be in. After writing this, I happened to look at the one in my bathroom while I was getting ready for my day. This is a book that has a very short and simple devotion for every day of the year. Guess what verse it talked about for today-the same one you see written up above! I about fell over when I saw that. God is reminding me and reassuring me over and over again that He is with me and that He cares about all the silly things I care about. What a mighty God we serve!

1 comment:
You are a BLESSING!
Post a Comment