Monday, August 4, 2008

Just a Bunch of Rambling

It has been over a week since I've logged on here; over a week since I've read anyone else's blogs. I have been recuperating and catching up and its taking me a lot longer than I ever would have thought! My husband has a conference in Jekyll Island, GA every year and we make a family vacation out of it. I have now been home for as many days as we were gone (5 days) and I'm still feeling behind! I am amazed at how a few days away can mess up my routine when I get back home. It's totally worth it, but I'm just now getting back in the swing of things!

The few days after getting home, I was rushing to order my textbooks for this upcoming school year. I cleaned out cabinets and book shelves to get ready for our 2008-2009 stuff, all the while contemplating where the time went and how it could be time to start school again. I have been making lesson plans and copies and lists and all the things my organized, planning brain does to get ready for 180 days of teaching. I am so excited about everything we'll be doing, I just pray that I do it justice and teach my daughter what the Lord wants her to learn. This whole homeschool thing is a daily reliance of faith. There are days I wake up and wonder why I'm doing this; if I'm smart enough, patient enough and giving enough. Then He'll show me, remind me, that this is a calling and that I am to stand on His promises, He'll never give me more than I can handle, He leads those who have young and He's never far from my cries for help! There are so many days I come up short, but luckily He gives me another chance to start all over again. Tomorrow is the LIGHT Homeschool Luncheon. I look forward to it every year. There are booths set up for all kinds of activities you can sign your child up for, there is a freebie table, good food, a devotion and meeting great new friends who can support you when you need it most. I always come home with a renewed sense of excitement and anticipation for the upcoming year.

In my crazy brain, I have surprisingly not forgotten that today is "Memory Verse Monday". I hope yall will excuse me, but for the next week or two, I'm taking a break to go back over the past few verses. My brain needs to be reminded and refreshed. I'm afraid if I keep adding more and more, I'll slowly lose what I started with!

A few fun things I wanted to share, because I'm in a conversational mood I guess. An editor for a magazine that I submitted an article for, emailed me letting me know that he's starting to review articles (one of which was mine)! I'm not holding my breath that mine will be chosen, but just the thought of a real-live-editor reading something I wrote, is so exciting! I have been feeling the itch to submit more articles, but haven't found the time. That email gave me the excitement and motivation to finish a few writing pieces I had started on and to finally submit them.

My husband surprised me tonight with a huge bag of Peanut M&M's! Some women like flowers, but I'll take a huge bag of Peanut M&M's any day! When I was pregnant with my son Foster, I craved those things like nothing else. It's a wonder I didn't gain 200 pounds with as many as I ate! Those cravings have lessened since I'm no longer pregnant (thankfully!), but they do still come. It will be late in the afternoon, I'll be waiting for my husband to come home, the kids are cranky, restless and I'll go eat a small handful of peanut M&M's...and suddenly life feels so good! OK, I exaggerated a little, but you women out there know what I mean!

Sorry for the rambling, I'll try and write something a bit more constructive and useful next time! I pray you are all doing well and that I still have a few people who check this blog, even though I haven't been one of them in a while-I'm hoping for new inspirations and new postings very soon!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Jekyll Island holds some fond memories for me. When we lived in Savannah, we visited there frequently.

I'm sorry, but I can't relate to the peanut M&M thing. Plain, yes. Peanut, no. Then again, in a fit of chocolate desperation and nothing but peanut M&M's to be had, I might relent. I'd have to suck all the chocolate off and then spit out the peanut though. :)

Em said...

Hi Sweet Marion,

It's been a while since we have spoken. I love this blog, and I too haven't visited lately but I always leave it with a tear down my face and a renewed spirit. THIS WORLD NEEDS MORE MARIONS!!!!
Miss you and glad to see your family doing well.

Em