My friend Shannon is an avid photographer who always enters into the I ♥ Faces contest every week. I have been following this web site for a while now because of her (Thank you Shannon!) and I always think about what picture I would enter. Every week there is a new theme to center your photograph around. I have already learned so much from I ♥ Faces by going to different photographers web sites and seeing what they do and how they do it. Many of you know that the Canon 40D that I got for Christmas has truly changed my life :) I know that sounds silly, but it is so true! I have fallen in love, more than I ever thought I could, with taking pictures. Now don't get me wrong, I've always loved taking pictures, from the first time I got my hands on a little S-10 camera in junior high school, but having an SLR camera is a whole different world! I grew up in a family where we'd joke that we should all have stock in Kodak because they'd never go out of business as long as the Graydon Gals were around! That was back when Kodak was the only name in film. My family has always, always had at least three or four cameras clicking at any given family occasion!
Anyway...I finally decided to quit sitting on the bench and actually enter the contest. This week the theme at I ♥ Faces is, what would you know...faces! To make it even sweeter, they are giving away a free Blurb Book as well as making a book of all the best submissions from this week! I had a hard time deciding which "face" picture I wanted to submit. I finally decided that in honor of my son Will's second birthday, I would post a picture of him and his sweet brown eyes that I love so much! 
I'd love to hear what you think! Don't forget to head on over to http://www.iheartfaces.com/ to check out all the other beautiful faces this week! And for those of you who love to take pictures like I do, take the plunge and submit your own photo!
I am submitting this photo into the www.iheartfaces.com Blurb book photo contest. If chosen, I grant I ♥ Faces permission to use my photo in a printed version of a book for commercial use and possibly advertising of a photo book on both the Blurb and I ♥ Faces web sites.

10 comments:
beautiful - eyebrow raising- shot
Great entry! The eyes are so nice and the tones against the black background!
Awwwww - look at those beautiful brown eyes!! What a brilliant shot!
What a gorgeous shot - I love the expression and those eyes! :-) too cute!
Great shot, love the eyebrows!
Welcome. Great picture. I have two brown-eyed boys so I'm a sucker for big brown eyes!
Oh no! A worried, wrinkled forehead! So precious!
thanks for dropping by! and awesome entry.. cool treatment to the pic! cute shot!
i think it is great!
Great shot....
Post a Comment