
I have been meaning to upload pictures from this summer and now I have no more excuses! This week, I ♥ Faces is a non-judged week, simply devoted to sharing some pictures from your summer. As most of you know, summer is almost over and in a little less than a week we'll be starting another school year. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was trying to figure out what I was going to do to fill these summer days? My mind was so wrapped up in homeschooling that I couldn't imagine life without grading papers and making up tests. I worried about how I was going to entertain my children on these hot, Georgia days. Last year we joined a neighborhood pool and went swimming most days, but this year having three children, three and under-I didn't think I could do it by myself! Wesley and I finally decided to buy an 8 foot (in diameter) swimming pool. We thought it would be big enough for our 10 year old and small enough to fit on our back patio and for the boys to play. We haven't gone on any trips other than to grandparents houses and they live within a few minutes of us (which we are so thankful for!), but our annual beach trip is coming up in a few weeks and I know it will be worth the wait!
So without further ado, here's our summer wrapped up in a few photographs.
The kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Saturdays because Daddy is home and can play!


My grandmother came and stayed with my parents for a few weeks so we got to visit with her some.

Randol had lots of play dates! Here are some of her fellow homeschool friends playing Little House on the Prairie!
The highlight of Randol's summer had to be going off to summer camp. Here is a picture of the boys watching her leave. Foster refused to leave the parking lot until the church van was gone! They missed her a lot, but she had a blast! She keeps saying she can't wait until next summer so she can go back!

So now that summer is almost over, I find myself wondering what this new school year will bring. I've cleaned off bookshelves, made lesson plans and organized as much as I can. Now we just have to wait in expectation to see what God has in store for us this 5th grade year! I can't wait to find out!
2 comments:
lots of fun! i love the shot of grandma reading Curious George - how sweet is that!
i have my summer shots up if you want to come over and visit for awhile :O)
Your family is beautiful! I love the shot of your son with his grandmother reading curious george...so touching!
Post a Comment