I left the apartment feeling sick to my stomach. My confidence was gone. All I could think was, "I can't do a wedding-what was I thinking?" I decided to just take things one at a time and to focus on the upcoming engagement shoot. We met the day after it snowed, on a pretty day at the Riverwalk. I had so much fun with them! They are just fun people to hang out with.
Fast forward a few weeks. We were all sick with the stomach flu and David calls, leaving a message that they met with other photographers and they really want ME to be the one to photograph their big day. I was no longer sick, but a wave of nausea came back. I FREAKED OUT...I kept telling Wesley that there is NO. WAY. little ole' ME could photograph a wedding! I was embarrassed and kept telling Wesley that after everything, I was going to have to call David back and tell him to ask someone else-hoping they still had time to book someone else.
Wesley, being the amazing spiritual leader of our house told me to calm down, pray about it and see how I felt in the morning; if I still felt the same way-call them back right away and tell them I couldn't do it. So I took his advice, prayed my heart out, telling God I really needed a clear answer-fast! And you know what? The next morning, I opened my eyes and all was calm. I sat up and I started planning, and coming up with different shots to do at their wedding. All "freaking out" feelings were completely and totally gone! It was so weird! I was at peace and I knew that I COULD do this because GOD would be with me! Why is it so surprising when God answers our prayers?
I have three months until the big day. For my birthday, Wesley got me many Wedding Photography books that I had on my wish list. I have read and researched so much when it comes to wedding photography, these books have been a big bonus. I have a friend who is a well traveled, wedding photographer in Miami. I have contacted him on many occasions and he has been such a big help and support. I am now praying about the $6000+ equipment I would like to have by then. The thing about photography equipment is-it is not cheap! And it seems that when you buy one thing-you have to buy two or three other things to go with it. I have been taking every penny I make and pouring it back into it and so far I have been able to add some great equipment to my camera bag. I want so much to not just give this couple good pictures-but to give them fantastic pictures. They are putting their faith in me and I am determined not to let them down! The more I learn, the better I'll get and the more equipment I have, the more I'll be to be able to do different things. In the meantime-I'm just going to wait and see what happens!
So...that is the complete story behind this fun shoot! I hope you enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:
I have absolutely NO DOUBT that they will be THRILLED with your work and will be recommending you to everyone, coming back to you as their family grows, etc. We are hoping to catch up with you this summer or fall to get some family shots done ourselves!
Lori Phillips
I think that you do not need to worry at all about your capabilities as a photographer. Your pictures are beautiful. Take photos that please you and your style and you will find that they make others VERY happy.
Enjoy what you do...it is a job that you can have fun and bring pleasure to others!
Post a Comment