We met at the Riverwalk and I was amazed at how different it looked in just a few weeks. There were trees in bloom everywhere and it was the perfect picture of Spring. Her daughter was shy at first, but then the inner diva started to come out and you would have thought she had been doing photo shoots her whole life! I had so much fun with these two! After looking through the pictures in my camera I could not wait to get home and start going through them all. I was already envisioning how I wanted to edit certain shots.
This was the first time I used my external flash and I was AMAZED at the difference a little fill flash will make. I always thought flashes were for dark rooms and photographers that didn't know how to utilize available light. Boy was I wrong! I laughed at myself as I read a book about external flashes. (sounds interesting right?!?) The beginning of the book started out giving reasons why people don't use an external flash...all the reasons they gave, applied to me! I learned that if you are out on a bright sunny day and you use fill flash, it will be just enough to lighten up the eyes and the details of ones face or clothing and the rest of the flash will get lost in the bright background so that it does not wash it out. The next thing I want to try is combining the flash with a reflector. The things that bring me excitement!
This concludes Professional week and brings you up to date on the last two months of my professional adventures as a photographer. You can check out the web site you want to see anything prior to February. Yesterday alone I scheduled three upcoming photo shoots for the next two weeks! The flowers are out, seniors are graduating and people are calling! Last night I literally couldn't sleep from the excitement of different poses I want to try. I wonder if I ever got this excited as a kid the night before Christmas!
Thank you for indulging me this week and listening to me ramble on everyday! I pray that you have seen what an awesome God I serve. He can take your greatest fears, all of your self conscience thoughts and turn them into something beautiful-you just have to have the faith to jump!

No comments:
Post a Comment