I share the same birthday as Wesley's best friend, Seth. One Sunday his wife pulled Wesley aside and said that she was thinking about throwing Seth a surprise 30th birthday party. She wanted to see if we might be able to come. She didn't know the details at the time and figured that we probably would not be able attend because we'd be out celebrating my birthday the same night.
It ended up that she was right. Wesley bought us tickets to the Springer and asked me to choose the restaurant for dinner. I decided I really wanted to eat somewhere that we don't normally go. Driving downtown that night, we both talked about how we wished we knew where Seth's party was so we could at least stop by for a few minutes. I was also torn between two different restaurants and at the last minute chose where to eat. We walked into the front part of the restaurant and up walks in a friend from high school. He asked us who all was there, like we were meeting him. I looked at Wesley and we both busted out laughing. I asked if they were there for Seth's surprise party, which of course they were. What are the odds? Seriously! We decided right then and there that God wanted us at that party! The chances were so slim that we would choose the same place, at the same time, out of all the other places to eat in the city-and I had chosen where to eat at the very last second too!
Through regular "catching up" talk over dinner, it came out that I was a photographer. After that night, I became friends on Facebook with an old friend that was there. Through Facebook she was able to see my work and soon contacted me about setting up a shoot. She lives in Birmingham, but her family still lives here so we figured out a date that I was available and that she could drive down to take pictures. It is always so neat to me to see how God brings people in my path! He orchestrates meetings that leave me knowing without a doubt, that it was His time, and His plan. I wish it was always so easy to see His hand-sometimes I just need to make myself step back and look for it!
The main goal of this shoot was to document this sweet baby's dress that her grandmother made. The whole time I was shooting the four generation pictures I kept thinking about how I knew these pictures would be treasured for generations to come. This great-grandmother is 80 years old while the tiny baby she is holding is only 6 months old. I love thinking of how many years it is between them and how just 80 short years ago, that sweet lady was a baby herself. How fast life goes. I really enjoyed looking at the great-grandmothers pictures and hearing stories of when she was little. I just soak up stuff like that!
Well enough explaining I suppose!-I hope you enjoy the pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment