The other night we were driving home and out our window was the pinkest, brightest sunset I think I have ever seen. As soon as we got home, I rushed inside to grab my camera to try and capture this gift God had placed right outside my door. I stood on our neighborhood sign, climbed a tree, walked up a large hill, yet no matter how hard I tried, I could not get above the outline of houses in the neighborhood to capture this amazing view. It was not quite how I pictured it in my head. Just as I was about to jump back in my car and try to find a higher ground, a verse popped in my head. It was plain as day, here I was looking up with man-made houses in my view, while God's amazing artwork lay ahead, just beyond my eye. I could see a glimpse of it, but nowhere near the whole picture. Suddenly I knew-this was the picture He wanted me to capture, this was His message.
I will go to my grave not understanding why horrible, heart wrenching things happen to innocent people. God's Word says His ways are not even LIKE our ways, His thoughts are not even LIKE our thoughts. They don't even compare. They are not in the same ballpark or the same universe. satan can take a small amount of "Why, Lord?" and turn it into a boulder that blocks ones view of the Lord walking along side you.
There are a lot of things in this world that I will never understand, but I will also go to my grave knowing that God loved me-Marion, so much that He sent His one and only Son to die for me (John 3:16). He would rather die than live eternity without me...or without you. The enemy tries over and over to knock us down and then to keep us there, but when you find yourself on your knees-turn to the One who will lift you up again. Turn to the one who DOES have all the answers, even when you don't. He does hear your prayers and He loves you more than you will ever, ever know. And knowing that, is more important than all those other things that I will never understand.
"You bestow glory on me and lift up my head,
to the Lord I cry out and He answers me from His holy hill."
Psalms 3:3-4

No comments:
Post a Comment