We woke up this morning and instantly turned on the television to see how the vote went yesterday. After a very long day which started at 5:15 that morning, we couldn't hold our eyes open past 10 pm to see which presidential candidate won which state. After watching the news I must admit, I felt discouraged and a little worried over our country's future. There is no real candidate that I just love, but there is a few which I really do not like! When I think about what power and control this person will have over not just our country's future, but our children's future. By the time another presidential race will come around, Randol will be in middle school, Foster in 1st grade and Will in kindergarten! Let's take it a step farther if this person gets re-elected for a second term, Randol will be graduating high school, Foster and Will will almost be done with elementary school! WOW! Lots of changes, in just four to eight years. After sitting and thinking about which candidate stood for which issue and the implications of what would happen should their policies become more than just words said in a speech, I started to worry.
You know what? God used His Word to bring me comfort and relief. He reminded me of a very well known verse in Romans, "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist, have been established by God." (Romans 13:1)
"But Lord, I can look around at the governments of some foreign countries and see such devastation and horrible things happening to the people. How can you have established that and allowed those governments to do the things they do, to good people?"
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither your ways, My ways," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)
But, what if our new government, under a new president messes up this wonderful country we are so blessed to live in?
"...That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which He exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age, but also in the one to come." (Ephesians 1:20-21)
Don't worry my child; I am still on the throne!
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:34) Isn't that the truth!
So, I got the message this morning-I will leave America's future in His hands. It's all I can really do anyway, isn't it? Worrying about it, isn't going to change one bit of the course of our future! How easy it is to forget that!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Marion,
I haven't been to your site recently but I was hungry for a Marion meal. You fed me like you always do, even with politics. Thanks for pouring your heart out and helping others to seek his word. No doubt in this world that you aren't one of his own! I love you bunches..... keep em comin! Emily
Post a Comment