This week at I Heart Faces, it's all about pink in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness. This is an issue that is near and dear to my heart, having lost my Gramma Nance to breast cancer, five years ago, after a 20+ year fight. The picture I chose this week is of my mom and her, at our last Thanksgiving together, saying "I love you" in sign language. While no one in our family is deaf, my mom and aunt learned sign language in college and use it as part of their job with helping handicap children. The "I love you" hand is a sign we use a lot in our family. What a blessed reminder of her love!
Make sure you head over to http://www.iheartfaces.com/ and see all the other entries!

3 comments:
What a precious story....
That is a sweet, sweet photo!
Awww. Thanks for entering that photo.
Amy
Co-Founder
I Heart Faces
Post a Comment