Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I ♥ Faces: We Are Family!

This week at I ♥ Faces it's all about families! I am always trying to get new ideas on ways to pose different sized families so I was very excited about this week. I'm hoping to get a new idea to try! As I went through some of my recent family shots, I kept going back to this one. It's probably because its a picture of some of my favorite people that I haven't seen in a month or so. My sister Katie lives in Washington state where her husband, Theo is in the Air Force. I miss them so much, but I am so thankful for airplanes and cell phones and Facebook. You might be able to guess from their red, green and white clothing that we were taking pictures for their Christmas card. I can't help but smile when I look at Katie's face. I love the way her and Theo are looking at their daughter, while my niece Bronwen is obliviously looking at me!

This is my new favorite pose that works for most families, up to about six or seven people. I have found that for some reason, people smile and have a fun time when you tell them to lay on their bellies! I can always catch a glimpse of people like they really are-without a camera in their face. And I am all about trying to capture folks in their own sweet, happy, genuine smiles of simply being together as a family. Make sure you check out http://www.iheartfaces.com/ this week to celebrate the joys of being apart of a family.

3 comments:

Dot O said...

This is beautiful!

Marla said...

Sweet little face . . . awwww

Karli said...

This is wonderful!