Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What a Power Struggle

This morning I was asked a pretty deep question and I was challenged. Now I will ask you the same thing. I pray you will reflect and really think about it. I had to sit for a few minutes and allow my mind to wrap itself around it.

What is your deepest desire; Your greatest need and longing?

If you are like me, you may have more than one and some of them you may feel silly writing down.

Do you believe that God has the power to fix any situation, to heal any wound, to help you overcome whatever is boggling you down? I may say, "Absolutely, I believe!" but then you know what happens? I start to worry again, I start to try to "fix"it and I'm no longer letting God work His power. I'm no longer living by faith, but I start to live by sight. The things of this world become my focus instead of the things in the heavenly realms. Before you know it-it becomes all about me and no longer about Him.

I want you to do something for me. Get a pen and piece of paper. Physically write down whatever you thought of a minute ago.

Look at them, one by one.

Now out loud say, "Jesus, You have enough power." Don't be like me and try to say it "in your head"! Say it out loud, let your spouse think your talking to yourself, its OK! Proclaim His power over all of that stuff that you wrote down. I went through my list, one by one and said those words and the Holy Spirit flowed through my lips and I felt His power over all the things of this world.

So often we forget-He has the power!

This morning my bible study was about a favorite story of mine, from Luke 8; the woman who had so much faith that by touching the hem of Jesus cloak, she was healed from 12 years of hemorrhaging. I want you to picture what was going on. Jesus was being poked and prodded. He was surrounded by a large crowd of people wanting to see Him, touch Him and speak with Him. I picture in my mind the equivalent of some of these celebrities we see on TV who are surrounded by fans and paparazzi. They don't know who is touching them or following them, but Jesus did. All the woman did was touch a piece of His clothing, and she was healed. The really cool thing- Jesus was on His way to raise a small girl from the dead, which He later did after this incident. He had enough power to heal this women without ever touching her or talking to her, then He had more than enough power left to bring back the dead!

Now, look at your list again, say it with me and believe,
"Jesus, You have enough power!"

No comments: