Last week a web publicist from New York emailed me, asking if I would review the new Joyce Meyer book that is to come out this month. I have never read anything by Joyce Meyer, but I have seen her show on television before and I know she is highly respected in the christian community. It's also in my blood to never refuse a free book! Well, on that faithful day of me really putting my life in perspective, I got the book in the mail. It's called, The Secret to TRUE Happiness. I opened it and started reading the introduction. One of the quotes that jumped out was, "He does not want us simply to have life; He wants us to enjoy it and appreciate the gift of life that He has given us."
I don't find it a coincidence that these things happened on the same day. Simply put, I have been living, but not enjoying my days. I live, looking forward to the weekend when my husband is at home and I struggle through each home school day longing for the summer. I have felt guilt over things I put off and not prioritizing my time correctly. I am easily frustrated and at times feel like a failure when it comes to raising my children. I needed a good dose of reality, God's way. My life and my time is not my own-it's all His. All that I have and all that I am is His, but how easy it is to forget that!
Sunday our pastor encouraged us to memorize two verses this week. Galatians 2:20; "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."
And Galatians 5:24, "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires."
Today as I waited for Wesley to come home for lunch I said the first verse over and over out loud. (My son thought this was hilarious!) I could really feel the impact of those words. I have been crucified in Him-the life I live is by faith and faith alone. In Sunday school we talked about faith as defined by Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." According to Galatians 2:20-that is how we are supposed to live our life. So ask yourself as I did, "Am I doing that? Am I really living by faith in the Son of God?"
Today is a new day, choose to live by faith!

No comments:
Post a Comment