Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Just as I am

I had a dream this morning. I was somewhere in the land of sleep and my husband getting ready for work while I tried to pretend it was still the middle of the night and a new day had not yet begun. In this dream, I was at a Beth Moore conference, only it wasn't a typical "Beth Moore Conference" where there are thousands of women there. We were in a small room in a church with maybe 100 people. She came and sat down next to me and talked to me about many things going on in my life. She had read my blog-ha,ha! and she knew me! I felt like I was talking to an old friend, not some big-time prayer warrior that I look up to with awe.

Suddenly our conversation was interrupted when in mid sentence, Beth started crying an annoying baby cry! Before I knew it, my husband was standing there handing me our crying baby. I closed my eyes and said, "Lord, I want to go back to that dream where Beth and I are friends and where she knows my name!" I could almost hear God chuckle as He responded by saying, "Well, I am your friend and I call you by name!" That got me to sit up in bed!

He IS God of the universe, even the thunderbolts and waves go to Him for direction (Job 38:35). And HE KNOWS ME!!! I can talk to the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings whenever and where ever I want! I don't have to make an appointment or wait in some long line. I don't have to try to decide what things are most important to say because of limited time. I don't have to wait until my life is totally in order and I look just right.

He doesn't care! He wants me to come-just as I am, whether I'm sad or angry or being a worry wart or I just woke up in the morning with no makeup! Just as I am; that's all He wants-me!

No comments: