Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Making the Deadline

I know its been a while, and I apologize, but I made myself restrain from writing on my blog until I could finish writing an article for a magazine. It is hard for me to find time to write for both! I am excited to say that my first writing piece is complete and respectfully submitted to the publisher!

My mother made the comment the other day that she is "so glad that God is such a nag!" That is what God has been doing to me for the last week-nagging me, encouraging me and reminding me that there was an ever present May 1st deadline to submit to this particular magazine. I started on it about two weeks ago and then ran out of time. I started to think "Oh well, I'll try for another magazine maybe." But God said-"Oh no you don't!" Every time I would have a free moment, I would think, "Go work on that article!" I would wake up in the middle of night and debate on sneaking out to my living room (which was filled with silence) to work on it. God would wake me up at 5 am and tell me to get out of bed and go write. I am sad to say, I would usually roll over and say, "5 more minutes please!" and then wake up an hour and a half later! Oh the guilt!

I have learned a lot through this whole process. I will be shocked if my article is actually published, but I feel like God was trying to show me that I can do it. I can research the writing market, find a magazine, help determine their writing needs and then come up with an article for them, catered to their style. So...if you check here and see I haven't written in a while, send up a prayer for me because I could be fervently typing at my keyboard, trying to meet the next deadline! So-onto the next article....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Marion, I am proud of you!