Thursday, April 24, 2008

Watching and Waiting

This morning if you would have walked past my bedroom door you might have heard me muttering, "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength!" (Phil. 4:13). I wasn't solving the world's problems or coming up with the cure for cancer- Ha! I was standing on a chair, with a screw driver in my hand, hair in a scrunchy, trying to put up window blinds that had fallen about a year ago! Our bedroom windows have been covered by this bright, pink blanket for so long, I'd forgotten it was there. Don't ask me what motivated me, but one thing was for sure-I was going to quit putting it off or waiting for someone else to do it.

So there I am, screwdriver in hand, doing the best I could, but I could NOT get that screw to go in the hole! Suddenly that verse popped in my head and I could almost feel His smile as I repeated it over and over out loud, gritting my teeth to get that screw to go in, asking Him to help me with something as trivial as screwing something to a window!

My, how easy it is to forget that we can call out to Him whenever and where ever, no matter the circumstance, no matter the situation and He'll be there-ready to help. Don't ever think He's too busy for all the tiny details of your life. Our lives are made up of all those tiny things and He is just watching and waiting to see if you're going to invite Him into your day. We don't live our lives in church everyday or with heads bowed in silence. No, our lives are lived out in the grocery store lines, the stop lights, getting gas, picking up milk, making dinner, feeding pets and giving baths. We are surrounded by coworkers, non Christians, believers, and children. There are people we like and people we don't. We spend our lives driving in the car, listening to the radio, watching Braves games and taking kids to T-ball practice. We struggle to meet deadlines whether they are some big business proposal or our children's bedtimes. That's where we live our lives, are you crying out to Him through out your busy day?

Did you take the time to see Him trying to grab your attention? It could have been in the birds chirping as you got ready this morning. Maybe it was the aroma of coffee lingering down the hallway. It could have been in your spouses kiss goodbye or cuddling with your little ones. Did you notice that bunch of flowers that just popped up in your yard? Did you hear your favorite song on the radio? Maybe a good friend called after a long time or your children took a nap and allowed you to rest. Did you laugh at a good joke or share a silly story? Maybe you got a good parking spot, right up front. All of those tiny things are His way of saying ,"I love you!"

Don't miss your Heavenly Father today! And NEVER think something is too small a thing to tell Him. He's watching and waiting-for you!

No comments: