Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Duh!

Yesterday I wrote about fear (see post below). Last night I sat down to read my Bible Study and do you want to know what one of the last questions in my study guide said?

Underneath our sin is a deep fear. What are you most afraid of?

I didn't know when I started yesterday's post, where it was going to go and I certainly didn't think this weeks chapters in Captivating were going to even touch on fear. I love when God does that. He aligns what I am studying in the Bible, or in Sunday School with something else. Have you ever run across a verse in your quiet time, only to discuss it in worship and then it gets trickled into a book you may be reading or a friend tells it to you to comfort you? That's God. He works like that. Telling us over and over again until we finally get it.

Yesterday the Lord kept bringing a sweet friend of mine to my mind. I thought a lot about her most of the day. I finally asked myself, "Why do I keep thinking about her?" and it hit me like a ton of bricks-"HELLO MARION!!!! You are supposed to be praying for her!" I have no idea what is going on in her life, but I did know, that God wanted me to pray for her.

He speaks to us in so many ways. I am so thankful that He did not give up on me yesterday or any day for that matter! What a pleasure it is to serve Him! So...now I need to go and find out what My Father is trying to teach me about my fears!

No comments: