Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Just Had to Share...


I woke up Sunday morning with expectation. It was Mission Sunday. What is Mission Sunday you ask? It was a Sunday devoted completely to the Great Commission. Our church didn't have Sunday school or split services. Our whole congregation sat together and then enjoyed a pot luck lunch afterwards. We had guest speakers from Uruguay and Montana. We have had a few mission teams go and help these missionaries. It was neat to see the faces of these brave men and women that I have heard about for so long.


My husband had to go to church early because he was in a short skit as a bum. It is never easy getting three children ready for church, but its even harder by yourself. Well I was proud of myself, not only were we all ready, we were ready with minutes to kill! Well of course my picture-mania brain kicked in as I saw my two boys wearing matching sweater vests for the first time and I thought, "I have time to take some pictures!"

As you can see, Foster was not up for sitting still, he never is, but especially when he knows we are about to go "bye-bye". That boy loves to leave our house and then he gets just as excited to some back home! He will clap as we pull out of the driveway and then clap as we pull back in! It makes me feel good to see how happy is about coming back to our home. Hopefully I'll be more successful at picture taking for Halloween!

It was a great Sunday. I needed to see my church family getting together and simply enjoying one another's company. So often we forget that we are a family, meant to love and serve one another. What an important role in the church! I was also reminded that we are all called to go and make disciples, preaching the gospel. So often we think that foreign missionaries are the only ones who have to do that. We also have that same calling, we are do to do the same right here in our own homes, with our neighbors and with the people we see at the grocery store. He has placed that calling in all of us.

I had another sweet surprise this morning. My sister-in-law called asking if I wanted to come over to see her new house and to let the kids play. Her family just moved here last weekend and are now within a 12 minute drive from my house (versus an hour and a half). Wesley had helped them move over the weekend, but I had still not seen the new house yet. Our children are very close in age with the exception of Randol.

Right now, she is still so young that she can still play and have fun with the younger children.

One day Randol will be like I was-too old to play, but not old enough to be a grown up, but still getting more privilages than the younger kids. I got to stay up late with the grown ups and eat ice cream. I got to get paid to babysit my little brothers and sisters and cousins. There will come a time where she will be "too old" to play. For now, I will savor her desire to read to them and play with them and show them new things. I will enjoy her childhood! We grow up too soon and time goes by too fast.
Today...I enjoyed Keri's company and my children simply being children. It is so hard to get wrapped up in the day-to-day things that we miss the little gifts in between. When Keri called this morning, asking if I wanted to come over, my first thought was, "I can't, we have to do school!" Then I remembered-I have no time limit and flexibility is a must! So...we put school on hold for the morning and worked until the late afternoon to make up for it...but it was worth it! How blessed I am that Randol was home and not in school so she didn't have to miss out on playtime with her cousins!

No comments: