Last week was a hard week. That's the only way I know how to describe it. By Friday, my heart had had it. One small event set me off and before I knew it, I was bawling, puffy eyes and everything (and I am not a crier!). My poor husband tried as he could to console me, but what I really needed was some good 'ole girl talk. Wesley finally looked at me and said, "Maybe you should go call Shannon and she can make you feel better." And that's just what I did.
And I felt better. Much better.
Wesley and I are sitting in a small valley right now, not in a valley of our marriage (thank goodness!), but in the valley of life and circumstances. I am amazed at how the Lord is using this time to bring Wesley and I so much closer than we have ever been. I love the way He continues to evolve our relationships into something greater than we ever hoped for.
We are waiting on the Lord, sitting, praying and soaking up the Word daily to see what He has next for us. A new job possibility has come up and we are waiting to hear back from someone. We both feel that God has amazing things in store for our future, we just have to wait on Him and on His timing. Why is that so hard to do sometimes?
This morning I was thinking about the whole situation and God asked me, "Will you love me any less if my answer is no?" I realized in that moment that I had been thinking of things as a done deal, I hadn't truly left them up to Him. I have to always remind myself that His ways are not our ways and that His timing is not our timing. He sees the whole picture, I can only see the moment I am in. And to be honest-I don't know if I'd want to see the whole future and know how it all turns out. What's the excitement and suspense in that?
In this waiting time, I have come to realize a few things I do know and that I can count on.
1.He has plans for our lives, plans to prosper us and to give us a hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11)
2. His ways may not be my ways, but they are so much better than my ways! (Isaiah 55:8-9)
3. I am deeply loved and deeply adored by Him and He truly has my best interests at heart. (Psalm 103)
4. He knows the desires of Wesley and I's hearts. (Psalm 37:4)
5. He knows where we are financially and He is greater than our checkbook! (Job 23: 8-10)
6. We all have a mission here on earth, a role to play in this big adventure, we are just waiting on our next assignment. (Ephesians 1:11)
How blessed we are that we can continue to count on His promises. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His Word will continue to be a source of comfort and relief. I am so glad I don't know the outcome-but that He does. I am so glad I can give my life over to Him and let Him worry about it!
And I felt better. Much better.
Wesley and I are sitting in a small valley right now, not in a valley of our marriage (thank goodness!), but in the valley of life and circumstances. I am amazed at how the Lord is using this time to bring Wesley and I so much closer than we have ever been. I love the way He continues to evolve our relationships into something greater than we ever hoped for.
We are waiting on the Lord, sitting, praying and soaking up the Word daily to see what He has next for us. A new job possibility has come up and we are waiting to hear back from someone. We both feel that God has amazing things in store for our future, we just have to wait on Him and on His timing. Why is that so hard to do sometimes?
This morning I was thinking about the whole situation and God asked me, "Will you love me any less if my answer is no?" I realized in that moment that I had been thinking of things as a done deal, I hadn't truly left them up to Him. I have to always remind myself that His ways are not our ways and that His timing is not our timing. He sees the whole picture, I can only see the moment I am in. And to be honest-I don't know if I'd want to see the whole future and know how it all turns out. What's the excitement and suspense in that?
In this waiting time, I have come to realize a few things I do know and that I can count on.
1.He has plans for our lives, plans to prosper us and to give us a hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11)
2. His ways may not be my ways, but they are so much better than my ways! (Isaiah 55:8-9)
3. I am deeply loved and deeply adored by Him and He truly has my best interests at heart. (Psalm 103)
4. He knows the desires of Wesley and I's hearts. (Psalm 37:4)
5. He knows where we are financially and He is greater than our checkbook! (Job 23: 8-10)
6. We all have a mission here on earth, a role to play in this big adventure, we are just waiting on our next assignment. (Ephesians 1:11)
How blessed we are that we can continue to count on His promises. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. His Word will continue to be a source of comfort and relief. I am so glad I don't know the outcome-but that He does. I am so glad I can give my life over to Him and let Him worry about it!

1 comment:
I feel so for you, Marion. I remember the days when I used to have to take my calculator to the grocery store... and after getting all of the items on my list, I would have to look over my cart and decide which items I could put back. Those were such hard choices. I kept hoping God would deliver us from our financial difficulties, but He chose instead to deliver us through them... slowly...
Those days are gone now; but when I look back, I see the blessings He gave me along the way when things looked so bleak. I no longer have to carry my calculator to the grocery store; but I'm also no longer rocking my babies. Like your Mom says, don't wish any time away...
Love, Samantha
Post a Comment