...so I suggested Burger King cheeseburgers. I was excited with this arrangement-it meant I didn't have to cook dinner! Whenever I run up the road to Burger King (which isn't that often!) I always take my Foster man with me. He loves to just ride in the car. As long as someone is leaving and he gets to go-he doesn't care what the destination is! This time Randol asked to come along. We were sitting at the window waiting for our food in the drive thru when Randol says, "Do you think they'd let me have one of those crowns?" So, I asked the lady if we could have two crowns, which she smiled and went and got them. Randol put it on her head and said, "Look mommy-I'm your princess and Foster is your prince!" Once Foster saw Randol with her crown on, he put his on. I had to smile at how he looked, with his lopsided crown on his head while he looked out the window sucking his thumb with his blanket!
It got me thinking though, don't we all want to be a "Princess for a day"? Don't we want to feel treasured and adored. To have our Prince charming ride his white horse (or run down black Geo Prism) and sweep us off into the sunset (or to Carrabbas for dinner)? Think of every fairy tale you've seen, there is always a damsel in distress and a handsome prince who comes and rescues her. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Maria in Sound of Music, Beauty and the Beast, Marion in Braveheart and on and on I could go. It is a desire ingrained in us we can't get rid of, nor should we want too!
Yall, we are that damsel in distress and Christ rides in on His white horse (which He really will do someday) and rescues us from our sin; from whatever enemy that has us held captive. We are loved, adored, found beautiful and found wanted, all in His eyes. We are His treasured possession (Malachi 3:17). Think about that. The God of the universe, the One who creates precious little babies and paints the sunsets....delights in YOU (Zephaniah 3:17)!!!
Let Him rescue you and sweep you off into the sunset. He wants so much to be your King of Kings, your Lord of Lords. All you have to do is ask...So go have a good day and never forget-YOU ARE A PRINCESS!!!
PS~Can you tell I have been re-reading Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge? :-) Good Stuff!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment