"I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene and wonder how He could love me, a sinner condemned unclean. How marvelous, how wonderful and my soul shall ever be...."
Oh y'all, I have so much I want to say, I don't know where to start. So much happened, it was a roller coaster of a day. Thankfully, it ended with such a good note. Tonight me and my Beloved watched Facing the Giants for the first time. I'd heard so many good things about it, how so many people cried and how emotional it was. I must admit, when it started, I was very doubtful. Once I let go of some poor acting and paid more attention to the story, I was in tears by the end. It reminded me how NOTHING is impossible with God.
As I stood washing dishes afterwards, thinking about the movie, I was reminded of all the impossible situations in my life and in the lives of those closest to me. How many limits I have set for Him, the limitless God. How much He loves us and wants to bring about His glory through our sinful lives. I am not worthy of such an honor. I guess I have been feeling empty, walking around frustrated with so many things, I needed some deposit in my bank b/c I was spent, with not much left to give. I am pleased to say my bank is no longer in the negative! How easy we forget that the same God who raised the dead and opened women wombs and helped David beat Goliath and so many other impossible things...is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He reigns today. He can and is still doing all of those things in our world today.
One thing from the movie that sticks out in my mind is the story from the bible of the two men who prayed for rain. One man prepared the harvest while he prayed, the other did not. Who was right? The one who prayed while still preparing the harvest. What is my harvest? What am I supposed to be preparing for?
Right now I really feel my harvest is my children and the rain will come in all the things He is going to do in their lives. I can't sit idle, I must continue to pray for the impossible, to live a life of faith and to pray believing He can answer my requests. So often I step up to plate not believing He can hit that home run through me. I pray not believing or having the faith He can fulfill my requests. I need to pray harder for those impossible situations, I need to have faith in my God that He will complete His mission in me. Oh, how unworthy I am.
Oh how marvelous, how wonderful is my Saviors love for me...
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment