Today, I lost my mind. I think I misplaced it somewhere between 2:30 and 4:30 am. Last night I was up with Randol as she fought off a fever and couldn't sleep. I had to wake up at 6am to take a shower. I have learned that if I don't take one before the boys wake up-it's not going to happen!
My husband does not drink coffee, he drinks tea. So every morning I walk down the hallway in a fog and start my coffee maker and boil some water to make Wesley's tea. Around 3am I decided I was REALLY going to need my coffee in the morning and figured I probably wouldn't have much energy to get the Foldgers out of the fridge so I went ahead and set up the coffee maker. I also got out my tea pot and set it on the stove ready for the morning.
Fast forward 3 hours...My coffee is going and I try and breathe in the aroma in hopes to wake myself up. I keep smelling something burning, but can't figure out what it is. About 5 minutes go by and I start to wonder if maybe something is wrong with the gas on my stove, then I realized...I started the burner with the pot and NO WATER!!! Luckily I realized this before burning down my house!
Now..fast forward to this afternoon. I had to take the boys to get their ears re-checked from their recent ear infections. I'm checking out, paying with my debit card while holding Will on one shoulder and Foster on the other. I threw my card in the diaper bag thinking I needed to get it before it fell out and I lost it. I leave the doctors office, on my way to the bank to pull money out of the ATM. I'm searching through the diaper bag, taking things out, checking and re-checking and I realize-my debit card is not there. It must have fallen out! I try to calm myself and not think of the stranger who could have found it laying in the parking lot with visions of money in their heads. I call the pediatrics and get my friend Becca who works there, to go look for me. After about 10 minutes she returns not finding the card. I'm just about to call my husband and tell him what a mess I made when I decide to recheck my back pocket...and what would you know... it was there the whole time! I guess I must have missed it somehow.
My mother always says that if she gets diagnosed with Alzheimer's to make sure we tell the doctors it started in her twenties...what can I say, I am my mothers daughter!
I wish I had some spiritual insight as to my mishaps. Something about how God loves us even when make stupid mistakes (which He does, thank goodness!), but I'm tired, the Braves are in the 12th inning and its 11pm. I'm all out of wisdom at the moment, I'll try again in the morning! Good-night yall..I'm going to bed!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment