I woke up this morning with a feeling of dread. I didn't want to get up and start my day. I knew that today I had a morning full of back-to-back orthodontist and doctors visits with three children, then an afternoon of school ahead of me.
On the way to the orthodontist at the same stop light (see July 10th post "Right Where I am") I got another message from my God, through the airwaves. I don't know who sings the song or what its called but the chorus goes something like this, "I don't want to go somewhere if I know that You're not there..." I know she was talking about a spiritual place, but it made me think of a literal place-the orthodontist office. Was God there? I laughed at my crazy thinking and realized, of course He's there-He's everywhere. All of a sudden chasing Foster around a waiting room didn't seem so bad.
I was reminded of a sermon I'd heard about Ecclesiastes. It is a book I have studied many times, but on this particular Sunday God had a new message for me. The last verses (Ecc. 12:13-14) say,
"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter; Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every good and hidden thing, whether it is good or evil."
The pastor said,"God sees ALL things. We must live day by day, moment by moment like we are in the very presence of God."
Did I believe I was in the presence of God during the mundane, aggravating times in my life like going to orthodontist and doctor appointments? Did I live like He was right there in the passenger seat? What a comfort to think of Him being there, watching out for me, giving me patience and love when I need it most. How often I forget that nothing can get to me before it goes through Him first. Even Satan has to ask permission before He can go off on his missions.
Suddenly, I didn't feel stressed or dread about my morning. Instead I felt invigorated because I knew I wasn't alone, all I had to do was call out to Him and He'd answer. It ended up being a good morning considering both my boys have ear infections and I spent almost $100 in prescriptions. None of the things I'd worried and dreaded about the night before happened. Once again I worried for nothing. On the John Tesh radio show the other day, he said the average person worries about 80% of things that will never even happen. I thought, "Whoa, that's me!"
It feels so good to be reminded that I am in the presence of the Living God, the Alpha and the Omega. I bet I would worry so much less if I would just remember that!
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment