Have you ever read something that gets under your skin, making it impossible to get out of your head? Recently a fellow blogger and more importantly a mentor, wrote about the need to dream God-size dreams. To dream and hope and think about something no human can accomplish, something only God can do. It gets me thinking. What is my God-size dream? I am so goal oriented, so controlling, letting go is hard for me to do. To allow your self to dream of something you cannot do and not just dismiss it because it seems impossible. WOW, I want to live my life like that.
I keep feeling like God is preparing Wesley and I, like we are on the verge of something, but I don't know what. My eyes are always open, watching and waiting to see if today will be the day His mystery is revealed. I often wonder if He is revealing His plan a little at a time. I wish I could wake up and see the whole picture sometimes, but God doesn't usually work like that. He wants to bring about His glory through His people by accomplishing things through us that only He can do. It's so hard not to doubt and to be willing to go the extreme with God.
What is my dream that only God can fill? We are all meant to dream God-sized dreams. He places them in our hearts and He gives us the power and knowledge to see them be realized if they are according to His will.
I'll have to keep watching and waiting to see, will today be the day?
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord who is the Spirit . . . But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
~2 Corinthians 3:18; 4:7
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment