Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Speak it Siesta!

The other day I called a dear christian siesta to ask her a simple, boring question-would she mind cutting my 21 month old sons hair. What I didn't know, but should've expected, was that by the end of my conversation I would feel so lifted and rejuvenated. What started out as a simple conversation about my sons cute curls that my husband wants to chop off, ended with a prayer over my daughter and my whole family. There are some people who I cannot hold my tongue with-in a good way. I seem to open my mouth and all that is bothering me or on my mind seems to come out in a few short minutes. She has a gift of reaching people by her ability to show how much she cares through just her voice. She has no idea how God has used her to speak to me. I know that she is in tuned with my Abba and what she has to say is said out of love and in truth. I love the way our Heavenly Father uses His people to reach His people. It is such a beautiful expression of how He meets us where we are.

I am so blessed to be surrounded by powerful christian women who will tell me the truth, tell me what I NEED to hear-not just what I WANT to hear. There is such a HUGE difference. I think with most friendships we tend to want to say what makes the other feel good. We are so afraid of hurting some one's feelings. It takes a special person to speak the truth, even if we don't want to hear it-we need to (as long as it is spoken in love)!

I pray that I can be that example to others. That they SEE Jesus in me and that they HEAR Him in my voice. I pray that just like my friend, I am a vessel He can use. I often think of the obvious ways I'm being used by Him, bringing meals to someone, praying for another, helping out at church etc. I tend to forget that He also uses us in the tiniest situations, like the other day, just listening, just being there. Those moments are also a gift from up above. It's His way of reminding us that He cares about the small things in our lives as well as the big things.

"A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." ~Proverbs 18:24

No comments: