I have now missed three Sunday's of my beloved SS class. I have to admit when Randol came and told me she didn't feel good Saturday night, only to find she had a fever of 103.4 I selfishly thought, "Now I can't go to Sunday School in the morning". The previous times I missed was because we were out of town and then I helped in the nursery. I have truly been blessed with a loving, genuine, caring and uplifting class. I feel so disconnected from them right now. It seems as though it's been months since I've seen certain people. It's amazing how missing a few weeks makes such a huge difference! Our church is currently going through some HUGE, major changes right now. We are currently sheep with a desperate need for a Shepherd. I know that God has some exciting things in our future. In the meantime of trying to to "be still" and wait to see what His plans are, I am so glad I have my SS class.
It's neat the way God brings people together. When we first started teaching this class there were maybe 8-10 regular people who came every Sunday, now we have roughly 22-30 people every week! It has been amazing to watch and see what He has done. I think it is so important for believers to have fellowship with one another. We need that support so that we can continue to be a light to others in this dark world. Our class has all different kinds of people. There are stay at home moms and business women, teachers and executives of big corporations. There are dental hygienists and occupational therapists, lawyers and salesmen and on and on I could go. Some have been married many, many years and some are practically newlyweds, with alot of others in between. Some have older children, others with newborns and others with four legged furry friends. So many differences, yet we are all joined under one banner-the banner of Christ. We all learn from each other and grow with each other. It's amazing to see the different ways God works in our lives. He is so personal to each of us and meets us in whatever situation we are in. I think we will sometimes look at how God speaks to another and expect Him to speak to us the same way. He doesn't work like that. He speaks to us in whatever way He has to to reach us. We are all so different with different personalities and interests. We need to learn to look for Him in all situations, because I guarantee, He will show up. To hear about what He is doing in other people lives is to hear about the wonderful love and diversity of our God. It shows us something different about Him and gives us an opportunity to learn more.
When my sister got married and moved away, my first piece of advice to her was to find a Sunday School class. I feel it is so vital and so important. I miss my friends, maybe this Sunday will work out! I finally decided to plan a girls night and eat dinner with the ladies in my class and the minsters wives so I can see everyone!-I have to admit I did it purely for selfish reasons! I am so blessed to have so many who love the Lord, in my life.
I found this scripture a long time ago and it is my prayer for our class:
"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God." ~Philippians 1:9-11
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment