Recently I ran into someone from my past. I saw her from across the room and my heart fell to my stomach. She knew so much about me...the OLD me. I could have turned and gone the other way and she never would have known I'd seen her. I thought about it, but I felt the Spirit leading me, encouraging me to go towards her.
We had a nice conversation and I realized afterwards that she was just like me. I knew a lot of her secrets and who she used to be too. Time changes people and its hard when you see someone, to realize they are different. She looked pretty much the same, just as I do. Same hair, same height, same voice, but its the inside I couldn't see. The inside of me that she couldn't see either, my heart. Because though the outside of me doesn't look much different, if she could see my heart, she wouldn't even recognize who I was.
I have to remind myself that who I am is because of God's grace, His mercy, His love. I am not ashamed of the stupid things I have done because I wouldn't be who I am today without all that other stuff. I was talking to my mother and she reminded me not to look back, not to let Satan gain a stronghold. I am not who I was back then and I have no reason to avoid people from that time of my life. It is an opportunity to show others where I was and where God has brought me. That is my testimony. I can't be ashamed of it.
If our paths should cross again, I look forward to it. I know that it is the Lord who brought her back into my life again. I must trust that He knows what He is doing and let go of everything else.
"...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. ~2 Cor. 12:9
"...we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." ~2 Cor. 10:5
Monday, July 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment