Monday, July 16, 2007

My Leftovers

I have been realizing how all the things I NEED to do doesn't leave much time for all the things I WANT to do. There is such a big gap! I feel like when I get some "me time" I often waste it away and regret how I spent it. Time is so precious and how you spend it is so important.
Choice's, so many choices.

What to do today?

What road to take?

Should I do this today or tomorrow?

More importantly, am I giving Him the time I should?
Honestly, lately I don't feel like I have been. I feel like He gets my leftovers, the time I have left in my day (if there is any). I pray all throughout my day; when a person jumps in my mind or I find myself worrying about something or thinking about a certain situation. But the time of uninterrupted time, BEING STILL...I don't make much time for that. I feel guilty admitting that, but it is true.

I think we tend to wish our relationship with God was like a McDonald's commercial, "Your way right away!" Sometimes I wonder if God feels like we see Him as our waiter, "Please bring me some patience. I could use a little healing today. Please bring me more of this or that." on and on our requests go. But how many times do we
S

T

O

P
and listen? Stop and SIT STILL, waiting patiently for His soft, sweet voice. I need to work on that. My relationship with God shouldn't be a one way conversation, that's not a relationship. A relationship is a two way street. I need to learn to manage my time better and make sure that I take some WANTED, NEEDED time out to sit and rest in the arms of my Savior. How many times have I asked what His will is for my life? And how many fewer times have I sat and listened for His answer?

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him..." ~Psalms 37:7

"Be still and know that I am God..." ~Psalms 46:10

No comments: